Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bye-bye Nasty Coughs!

As promised yesterday, I want to share with you a simple DIY, all natural
cough syrup 
                                                         that you can make in a pinch!


Although I recommend many different homeopathic and herbal cough syrups for kids, 
this is one that is easy for parents to make and is economical. 
It's also one that I myself remember getting as a child growing up in Europe, 
as it was traditionally used by the older generations. 
Simply slice your onion, cover with a few spoons of sugar, shake the jar, 
and you should already have about a spoon of syrup, but it can take up to 6 hrs. to draw the liquid out. Trust me, the taste is actually quite pleasant! 
This syrup clears congestion and cough, and has anti-bacterial properties. 
Use as needed for your sick kids!
Be well! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment